Ensures the optimum playability of the instrument. Properly setting the neck relief, fixing the guitar action and intonation for your playing style and comfort. General maintenance safeguards the value of the instrument and I identify any issues. This includes fret polishing, electronic cleaning and fretboard oiling if needed.
At Guitar Care Co of Upper Marlboro, I perform setups by taking measurements, restoring
your guitar to the proper measurements and then making final adjustments
based on feel. Your satisfaction is important.
12 Point Service
1. Truss rod adjustment to provide the proper amount of relief in the neck.
(.010 mm measured at the 8th and 9th fret)(.012 for basses)
2. Bridge height adjustment to adjust the string height at the 12th
(acoustics) and 17th (electrics and basses.)
3. Rotate volume & tone pots. Deoxit if scratchy, tighten if loose, note any
recommendations for the owner.
4. Clean & polish the frets.
5. Clean the fretboard & oil (Rosewood, Pau Ferro and Ebony.)
6. Change strings and tune. Lubricate nut.
7. Tighten loose tuning machines and torque if necessary.
8. Tighten any loose screws on the body.
9. Check and adjust the pickup height.
10. Set and adjust the intonation.
11. Clean the guitar.
12. Play the guitar and check for buzzing, playability, overall feel.
Replace, upgrade or fix existing electronics. Output jacks, pickups,